Contect Protection

header ads

HK MR556A1 Review

Overview

It's not a secret that I am an H&K man If you've read my earlier articles, you'll see I've found them appealing throughout the many years. In fact they even have a ring! US Government won't let H&K import sporting rifles of the modern age due to the '89 imported ban, so I took the initiative to create an automatic G36 replica of the SL8 and even an SR-II UMP wish-to-be made from an USC carbine. However, it was a surprise to me when I was selected to review the latest H&K MR556A1. It turns out that the method by which we writers are selected as reviewers (when it pertains to firearms) is through rotating rather than deliberate selection. I was ecstatic when I heard the news. I was also amazed by how easy H&K was to work with. I was able to get an excellent H&K employee by e-mail, and she was able to deliver a beautiful new MR556A1 rifle in my FFL within one week.

HK MR556A1

Now , let me tell you this I own almost all H&K gun that's been offered to non-SOTs outside of the USA however this is the one firearm I was certain I'd never own. I thought it was another piston-driven AR model with a few bells and whistles as well as the two red letters that would add a one-hundred dollars to the price however, I decided to give this rifle the benefit of doubt and leave my preconceived notions behind to make this evaluation as objective as it is. I'm also not an avid AR15 person. I think the platform is multi-faceted and makes the most sense of all semi-auto .223 rifles available to own because of the availability of parts along with price, as well as a myriad of other factors, however, over time I am just getting bored of the rifle. I own seven or eight in my safe, however I can't even remember any time that I fired one of them. However, I was eager to get out on the range using this brand-new AR that is in vogue with special forces teams around the globe. It may even take over that of the M249 as a squad-automatic weapon in a few US militaries (in the form of a heavier barreled version). We'll get right to it.

Inside the box, you will find the rifle as well as it comes with an HK magazine (these are made as tanks) locks and pin tool, manual multi tool, as well as some HK accessories. The rifle is equipped with H&K diopter sights which include the drum rotates, as well as the an adjustable front view. So I loaded my car with the HK along with some Privi Partisan 55 grain ammunition and went to work.

After a couple of shots, I realized that I hit several feet (not inches of course) low. I checked my bag of range equipment to find my handy H&K sight tool, but I realized that I didn't have it available (d'oh). Well, it was not going to hinder my advancement. I removed the ACOG of my AUG, and then threw it onto the MR556A1 to continue my testing of accuracy.

So I shot in a chair with no break or bags (I prefer shooting with my hands) with 100 yards.

I have shot 5 rounds in five sets as this. Here is the most successful group:

My most embarrassing:

Thus, using PPU 55 grain ammunition, I amass 1.26 centimeters at 100 yards. I'm sure that using bags and a stopper, I would have had a similar 1 inch group or even better but that's not the point I think, as this small accuracy test was satisfactory. I continued to spend the day shooting steel targets between 200 and 100 yards. I shot six 30-round magazines to get the total of 180. Therefore, accuracy is acceptable. I think that every AR15 worthy of use can perform at the very least as efficiently.

How reliable is it? It's a good thing that every Saturday after the 4th July I went to an event with local machine guns (there can be no more appropriate way to commemorate the freedom of your country than to destroy a tiny portion or even all of the country) and I was able to get an opportunity to hit this machine gun vigorously. I also adjusted the sights and managed to get the irons in line. To test the reliability, I bought twenty thirty round magazine (600 rounds) and fired them all back and let the gun rest, only to transfer it to shooters who are not. Of course, I instructed everybody to beat it, speed fire it and bump fire it etc.

HK MR556A1 specs

The HK went through the motions and released every round flawlessly and consistently up to 3:00. The gas system was sucked out, but this was the only smoke to look out for as the carrier for bolts was cool to the feel (I needed to confirm that video, where it was shown that the HK representative fired off a number of rounds at full auto and then handed the bolt carrier over to another person). After this, I found an unbroken well in HK the MR556A1 as well as a stack of various magazines that had been discarded.

The gun didn't get jammed and I asked all who shot it what they thought of it and whether it felt different from the DI AR15 or M16. There was a general consensus that the recoil response was different and felt comfortable shooting however nothing was awe-inspiring or awe-inspiring (I concur with their comments in the end). A short 600-round testing of torture that had zero jams and little heat buildup considered pretty cool.

It was now time to wash the HK MRG56A1. It is widely recognized that piston guns operate better than an DI gun However, I wanted to find out the amount of buildup that was present. So I donned a set new white gloves (I keep a huge bulk bag of these around to handle precious firearms) to check how dirty the bolt as well as the carrier became. I was stunned by the absence of buildup. The first step was to use the tool in the stock , to unlock the gun and pull the carriage:

I then set out to wipe the bolt's carrier clean from the front and back with a single swipe using an inspection glove

  • This is the only thing that happened at the end of 780 rounds
  • I have to admit that I was stunned. After a shoot with a 6920 or a different DI AR version, the gun will be filthy after just a magazine or two.
  • So I thought I could make use of the remaining glove to grab the carrier , and clean it completely down:
  • After generously wiping the bag down, my glove appeared as follows:
  • Around 800 rounds just about all the glove displayed and gloves aren't lying (unless you're OJ Simpson, I guess).

Thus, the purity that the car has is the result of The short strokes of the H&K AR18 gas system, which is derived from the AR18:

One thing I noticed was that the piston tappet was a G36/SL8 carryover However, other parts of this system are a bit different. This system is amazing and I'm not apprehensive about it apart from it adding weight to an already heavy rifle.

That's it I'll now give the bullets:

  • As precise as any other 16" barreled AR model I've used
  • A very enjoyable gun to shoot with a low recoil even for an AR
  • I love the diopter sightings very much, however, some may not.
  • Cleaning this gun requires about three or four patches and the bore snake
  • 780 rounds without cleaning, and no jams, and so on. So it's stable
  • Rail system with full length as well as front quad rail
  • Plenty of storage space in the stock and grip
  • The upper and lower limbs are incredibly tight
  • Flared magwell
  • Uppers will work with to other AR lowers

The Bad:

  • The gun weighs 8.6 pounds
  • The HK sight tool isn't included.
  • The bore isn't chrome lined (HK states for accuracy)
  • It is not as effective at suppressing as the DI gun.
  • Does not support the p-mags from pre-generation 3
  • A bolt's fan is machined so that it does not allow fully auto-function.
  • The chamber is a bit of an extension to stop the installation of an 416 bolt
  • The RDIAS (or Lightning link won't function (no enjoyable switch for you) without serious effort

The Ugly:

  • The MR556A1 gun is priced at $3,295
  • $3,295 is an enormous amount of money.

The cost of $3,295 to purchase an AR variant is... amazing (this is coming straight from one of the HK guy)

Overall, at the cost of $3,295 I would not recommend the MR556A1. The rifle does shoot well and is reliable, but unless are an avid collector or simply want to own what many consider the top of the line, you should not put it down and get a less expensive piston AR. If the price were close to $2,000, I'd be interested, however according to popular auction sites they are selling for $3500 which is why people are grabbing. If you're in a free state, invest that money in investing in a machine gun reasons, and if you don't, then put the cash into your mortgage! 

Hot Tags:

hk mr556a1, hk mr556a1 review, hk mr556a1 for sale, hk mr556a1 fde, hk mr556a1 sd, hk mr556a1 upper, hk mr556a1 price, hk mr556a1 fde for sale, hk mr556a1 competition, hk mr556a1 torture test, hk mr556a1 sbr, hk mr556a1 competition for sale, hk mr556a1 magazines, hk mr556a1 rifle, hk mr556a1 sale, hk mr556a1 fde price, hk mr556a1 lower for sale, hk mr556a1 lower receiver, hk mr556a1 upper for sale, hk mr556a1 upper receiver, hk mr556a1 california, hk mr556a1 review 2020, hk mr556a1 accessories, hk mr556a1 lower, hk mr556a1 upper receiver kit, mr556a1 hk, hk mr556a1 cleaning, best hk upper mr556a1, hk mr556a1 update, hk mr556a1 worth it, what kind of buffer does hk mr556a1 has?, hk mr556a1 review 2018, what kind of buffer dose hk mr556a1 has?, iron sight co witness hk mr556a1 competition, hk mr556a1 5 vs coltle6290, heckler & koch® hk mr556a1 ar-15 complete rifle, counterfeit hk mr556a1 lower, hk mr556a1 with night vision scope, hk mr556a1 5.56mm 16.5", hk mr556a1 bass pro, hk mr556a1 tan, does the hk mr556a1 come with a 2 stage trigger, hk mr556a1 sopmod stock, hk mr556a1 academy, sig saur virtus vs hk mr556a1, hk mr556a1 13.5 inch barrel, hk mr556a1 problems, hk mr556a1 10 inch barrel, hk mr556a1 weight, hk mr556a1 site:gunbroker.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments